Home » Server Options » Replication » Replicate the Database (Oracle 10g XE)
Replicate the Database [message #659834] Tue, 31 January 2017 16:14 Go to next message
venkat_bollu
Hello,

I am not a familiar with DBA concepts, but today I got to do a couple of tasks ASAP.

1) I have 2 database users HR1 and Hr2, now I want to reflect whatever the changes happens to HR1 to be reflected in HR2. No matter what kind of change it is. Assume we have 10 Tables, couple of view and procs, not more than that in HR1.

2) want to take the complete backup of HR1 for every 6 hours automatically. I don't want to use very advanced concept to take the backups.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Replicate the Database [message #659835 is a reply to message #659834] Tue, 31 January 2017 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
V10 Oracle is obsoleted & unsupported

You want a solution that is easy, fast & free. Right?

Does database now have REDO Archive mode enabled?

>today I got to do a couple of tasks ASAP
quantify ASAP (within how many hours?)
What happens if you can't complete tasks ASAP?

If system has catastrophic failure neither HR2 nor backup will provide immediate relief or restoration.
Re: Replicate the Database [message #659836 is a reply to message #659835] Tue, 31 January 2017 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venkat_bollu
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I am working on my personal laptop but unfortunately I don't want to install the latest version of the oracle for just this purpose which may slow down my laptop. So got this old V10 XE for quiet sometime.

My friend left with 3 or 4 hours to share it with client manager. I thought of giving a helping hand but as I mentioned I am not familiar with DBA concepts. I tried with DATAPUMP for every 2hour auto backup but the after the first run the I am facing an error "ORA-31626: job does not exist"
Re: Replicate the Database [message #659838 is a reply to message #659834] Wed, 01 February 2017 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

I spent hours to help you in your previous topics and you never posted the solution you implemented in the end so I see no reason to help you more who does not follow the OraFAQ Forum Guide and does not want to help others.

Re: Replicate the Database [message #659876 is a reply to message #659838] Wed, 01 February 2017 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venkat_bollu
Yes, may be you are right in one way. But imagine, when I didn't find a solution to my question in Oracle and it is done by someone else in a different technology, I may have thought it is not good to post here, may be my mistake too. I believe this is the forum to post the solutions performed through Oracle.

And to let you know about me, I am not such a selfish, I always shared my knowledge and helped others at work, even right now I am not working for any organization for the last 6 months, infact any temporary work, I stopped working due to personal reasons and came back to help someone just at no cost.

If you still feel no reason to help other person, it is up to you sir.

Bottom line, I respect this forum and the experts here a lot and I will not lose it even when you said this.

Keep rocking!!!
Re: Replicate the Database [message #659877 is a reply to message #659876] Wed, 01 February 2017 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

If you found a way outside Oracle it would be helpful for other readers that you found such which may suite them as it suited you.
I can think you are not the selfish man I thought, if you post now the solutions in your previous topics.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2017 13:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Replicate the Database [message #659878 is a reply to message #659834] Wed, 01 February 2017 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Don't worry about support for release 10. No XE version has ever been supported.
You should have access to Materialized View Replication in XE. I can't think of any other declarative technique for synchronizing tables.
Re: Replicate the Database [message #659879 is a reply to message #659877] Wed, 01 February 2017 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venkat_bollu
Yes, I would have done it if I had that script today. You know, I can't send the script from my office desktop to any of the mail id for my future use. I used to work in a restricted development center without having access to anything including paper from outside and if I caught sending the script to my personal id, I think you too know what happens.
Re: Replicate the Database [message #659880 is a reply to message #659878] Wed, 01 February 2017 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
venkat_bollu
Thanks John, any supportive link to do it Please?
Re: Replicate the Database [message #659881 is a reply to message #659880] Wed, 01 February 2017 13:33 Go to previous message
John Watson
Just look it up in the docs.
Previous Topic: Use DBMS_REDEFINITION Package with Goldengate 11g
Next Topic: Import Tables to Source Schema in Golden Gate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:18:53 CDT 2024